1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Printer driver for HP officejet 4315 all in one

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Gemsstar, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gemsstar

Gemsstar Thread Starter

Can't get the driver to work on Windows 7. Anyone have suggestion on how to do this.

Ed

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    How about sharing with us whether you have 32- or 64-bit and how you are trying to install the driver. Of if the driver is already installed how you did it, and what exactly is going wrong now and how you know that it is a driver problem.

3. Gemsstar

Gemsstar Thread Starter

It is 64 bit and when I plugged in the printer and windows loaded the file, it would not print although the printer goes through the process nothing is printed. When I use HP site they say there is something wrong with the driver. I tried downloading a driver off HP but it still will not work. I have tried other sites but none will change. The printer is HP OfficeJet 4315 all in one.

Ed

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Often for an all-in-one HP has a whole installation package. If that is the case for yours I suggest you delete/uninstall what you have now and start over with the package and follow the entire procedure.

5. rainforest123

rainforest123

Dear Ed:
    To add to TerryNet's comments:
    For some HP devices, the install optical disk contains an uninstall program.

When you installed the Officejet 4315, did you follow the instructions, which probably had the steps:
    Run the install
    Connect the computer at the prompt from the installation program.
    ?

There are, per HP, 3 Officejet 4315 devices.
    I selected the one without a suffix.
    At http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=1138342&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&task=&lang=en&cc=us, I selected "How to"
    Then, I selected "install & uninstall software & drivers" which took me to

Regarding driver installation
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...ry&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=1138342

Hopefully you will find advice from HP that will help you solve your problem.

(y)
    RF123

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089199

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice