1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Printer Driver Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Faithful one, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Faithful one

Faithful one Thread Starter

I have been trying to add my computer afetr unistalling hten reinstalling. when I get it completely done I get this:

RTL unable to start driver hpoid

WHAT is htis and how cna I fix it?
    Faithful one

2. griffinspc

griffinspc

I'm assuming you have the installation CD so is this a USB connected printer?

3. griffinspc

griffinspc

I see you're off line. If it's USB try this. Put the CD in the CD-ROM drive. If it auto starts, just cancel the install but leave it in. Unplug the USB cable. Re-boot. When the machine is completely back up to the desktop and has loaded everything, plug the USB cable back in.

With luck it will recognize it, look for the file and go get it from the CD.

4. Faithful one

I did all this ..I unistalled, I reinstalled and NOw I get problem sending your print job to
    port and unable to start driver for hpoid407.exe.

I am SO CONFUSED.... All I want is my printer to connect with my computer..I have followe all the steps and still I get this RTL error message and driver message. How can you fix a driver. I see the printer driver is there.

FAithful one

5. griffinspc

griffinspc

Here's from HP. You don't say what model you have but this if followed should help.

ISSUE: An "Unable to start driver HPOID407.EXE" error occurs when printing or changing print settings.
    SOLUTION: This error can be a combination of a failed installation and communications issues. To solve this issue, review the following information.

Uninstall and reinstall the all-in-one software

Follow these steps after checking communication.

Click Start, Programs, Hewlett-Packard, select the all-in-one folder, and the uninstall option. Follow the screen prompts to uninstall the software.
    Run the HP uninstaller or HP System Cleaner Utility:
    HP PSC 700 and Officejet V series owners only:
    Put the HP all-in-one CD-ROM in the CD-ROM drive. Select Quit if the software installer appears.
    Click Start and Run.
    Select Browse and use the pull-down menu in the Look in field to locate the CD-ROM drive.
    On the CD-ROM, select the Uninstall folder.
    Double-click the Forc_uni file and click OK.The uninstaller will remove the software. Disconnect the all-in-one from the PC and restart the computer when the uninstall is finished.
    HP PSC 900 series:
    Link to HP document Using the HP System Cleaner Utility.
    Run the automated solution by clicking Use the automated solution.
    Click Start, Find (or Search), and then Files and Folders.
    Type hpo???07.* into the Search field. Make sure that the computer's primary hard drive is being searched and then click Search Now.
    Examine the files found. If the driver was downloaded from the Internet, the downloaded file may be one of the files found. Highlight any files that are not a downloaded driver. Holding down the Ctrl key while clicking can highlight multiple files. Delete the files after selecting them.
    Restart the computer.
    Close any programs that launch at startup, such as faxing software and antivirus software. Failure to disable active antivirus scanning may result in a corrupt or incomplete installation. Antivirus software usually places an icon next to the time in the lower-right corner of the screen. Right-click this icon to bring up a menu to shut down or disable the antivirus software. Contact the antivirus software vendor if assistance is required.
    Reinstall the HP all-in-one software.

The software should install correctly provided the installation directions are followed correctly and there are no USB communications issues. If the software fails to install correctly, review the information below on checking for communications problems.

Check for communication problems

A possible cause for this error is lost or partial communication between the all-in-one and the computer. This can also cause Windows plug and play to fail to completely install the all-in-one.

6. Faithful one

I have HP PSC 750 all in one
    Windows ME

7. griffinspc

griffinspc

When you uninstalled and reinstalled did you follow the HP instructtions above such as turning off anti-virus, etc.?

8. Faithful one

Ill try it again hang tight brb

9. Faithful one

I did that NOW it says HP is corrupt or cant be found????

10. Faithful one

I had all my anti virus stuff off when I did the software installation. I checked my printer folders..the printer is there
    I checked add/remove and its there

Should I unistall AGAIN then reinstall...its like it is installed but not talking to my computer. Hp pavillion mx70 with windows ME

11. griffinspc

griffinspc

So you no longer get the error for hpoid407.exe right? But you do get HP is corrupt or cant be found, right? Did you re-boot?

12. Faithful one

ALL FIXED can you believe it..I am not sure what I did but thanks for ALL your help !!!

Faithful one

13. griffinspc

griffinspc

Outstanding!

14. Faithful one

GRIFFINSPC......Ok Now im confused. When I took the disk out..it says printing and nothing comes out. What the heck does that mean???

15. Faithful one

MAYBE not all the disk in on the system...How can that be fixed adn what can I do????
    I go to print folder...and it shows it....I go to software folder..and there it is..so any ideas????

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224021

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice