1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Printer driver

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Raphael, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Raphael

Raphael Thread Starter

Installed a printer HP 4250 Laser. Windows XP. Installed PCL 6. Worked for a while, and then started printing machine language. Any idea why?

Thanks,
    Raphael

2. Raphael

Raphael Thread Starter

When I first printed text, it worked fine. But with graphics it printed machine language. Any ideas??

3. Raphael

Raphael Thread Starter

I tried installing PCL 5e, and the Postcript drivers, but they didn't work at all. What am I doing wrong??

4. Raphael

Raphael Thread Starter

Have I finally stumped all the techies out there?

5. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

I looked up this printer, HP 4250 Laser, on the HP site and there are several. So make sure you have the correct driver.

6. Raphael

Raphael Thread Starter

Thanks for responding! I was getting worried that I was blacklisted or something...

Yeah, I got the right version...the reg. 4250...no suffixes. Thanks again for responding

7. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

What kind of graphics and how are you printing to it? I.E. is it a network printer or direct connect if direct connect what interface is it? Are you using a print que to spool through? How much memory is installed?

Usually if graphics puke and regular lettering does not it can be a few items.

Corrupt drivers (which you said you tried a few of so I doubt that), How its spooling if its spooling too fast and not buffering (relates to installed memory and your spool settings), Network settings timing out if its hooked up directly to a network (this I saw once but usually it either prints or does not)

8. Raphael

Raphael Thread Starter

It's direct and it's usb. I have tried two options in the port settings, usb virtual 1, and usb virtual 6 (I didn't see anything in between).

I appreciate your responses, and hope that you (or anyone else) will have the answer!

9. cybertech

Is this your only printer? If not please give details.

10. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Are you having any other USB issues? Is this running through USB 1.1 or 2.0? How do you have this set to spool? Is it set to print after last page is spooled or print immediately? Lastly in the ports section do you see a DOT4 print support anywhere?

11. Nethervue

Nethervue

Is it plugged into a USB hub? Mine did that...had to plug it in direct to my Laptop.

12. Raphael

Raphael Thread Starter

Thanks for all your responses.

It is plugged directly into the computer.
    It is set to Spool, and Start printing immediately.
    I'll check tomorrow the DOT4 issue.
    There is another printer attached, it's an Brother AIO. If you need anything specific let me know and I'll check tomorrow.

Thanks again, it's great to know that I haven't been blacklisted! lol

13. Raphael

Raphael Thread Starter

Sorry I didn't get back to you guys sooner, but I was too embarrased!

The secretary told me that the printer is now working! What did she do? She deleted all the printers, reinstalled the driver and poof!
    I do need a blow to my ego every once in a while, keeps me in touch with reality.

14. cybertech

That's great! Often that is the only way to fix it!

Good secretary! (y)

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/431667

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice