Solved: printer driver

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

summery

I am having difficulty installing my printer driver...all the other things of the printer such as scan ,user guide etc.. have been installed but for some reason the driver is not.
The messsage says. There was problem installing hardware. Epson Stylus 4800 error occurred during installation of device. The driver cannot be installed because it is not difgitally signed or not sigend in the apppropriate manner. Contact hardware vendor.

I tried to to download a driver from the epson website but no luck. Whats going on?

summery

Oh i forgot to mention the my desktop is windows XP and printer is an Epson.

do you have the disc that originally came with the printer? if so try installing the driver off there, then updating the driver to the one off the website.

What happens when you connect the printer to your PC? does it try and install a driver or does it sit and do nothing?

summery

do you have the disc that originally came with the printer? if so try installing the driver off there, then updating the driver to the one off the website.

What happens when you connect the printer to your PC? does it try and install a driver or does it sit and do nothing?
Hi again, the driver is now installed ...i ran the original disc again and it was fine but still not printing. There was a message that kept coming up for a quick flash not long enough for me to read. I managed anyhow after many attepts the message said:printing document on Epson stylus dx4850 LPT 1. Page 1.......................but nothing happens after that. I tried to print from text in wordpad ...then some maths worksheets i was wanting to print for my daughter, all to no avail. At one point there were about 40 documents pending . I tried the troubleshooter thing but still no luck. This hasn't happened before and is driving me insane.:eek:

welcome to tech support guy,
IF it's a usb printer - did you read the 'quick start / set-up' part? - with a usb printer, you must do it in a specific order
- insert disc
- install driver
- reboot
- turn printer on and hook-up to the pc
- continue the install of the rest of the software
- note: then i reboot AGAIN with the printer installed and THEN print the test page
- then if you wish to update the driver, download it and do so

if you didn't, you will probably need to uninstall everything and start over to get it to function properly

summery

welcome to tech support guy,
IF it's a usb printer - did you read the 'quick start / set-up' part? - with a usb printer, you must do it in a specific order
- insert disc
- install driver
- reboot
- turn printer on and hook-up to the pc
- continue the install of the rest of the software
- note: then i reboot AGAIN with the printer installed and THEN print the test page
- then if you wish to update the driver, download it and do so

if you didn't, you will probably need to uninstall everything and start over to get it to function properly
Yes it is a USB printer, and I just followed the prompts and understand theres a specific time when I need to turn printer on. I shall uninstall everything and start again try to get it right this time. Will get back here with the good news hopefully. Thanks.

summery

OK I uninstalled the printer components and re installed in and this time I was successful. Thanks for the help to all that replied. (y)

no problem :) You can mark the thread solved by clicking the button near the top :D

alrightyyyyyyyyyyyy then :)
glad your problem is resolved,

and thank you for posting back with the good news :cool:

You know what the whole issue could have been. When one print job fails to print, if you don't right click the printer icon in the tray and make sure you cancel out all print jobs before trying to print again, you can try 40 different times but until the messed up one is deleted, nothing will print.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online