Solved: Printer Driver

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Henry L. deZeng

Really dumb old guy needs help...........

My cable line was accidently cut by a contractor this afternoon and then spliced back together a short time later. In the process, I lost my HP 1100 LaserJet Printer in that my computer no longer recognizes it. A vague memory told me to go to the HP site and download the driver for this printer. The driver download presently sits on my desktop. What do I do now? How do I get this driver into my computer so that it can interface with my printer and cause the computer to recognize it and start working again?

Thanks,

Larry deZ.

Disconnect the printer from the computer and double-click the file. Re-connect the printer when prompted by the install program.
You may do just as well by deleting the printer and then rebooting.

Henry L. deZeng

Thanks Hughv. I will give it a shot in a couple of hours and then report back on the results. The only problem I see is that I think I clicked on "Save" rather than "Run" when I downloaded the driver. If that's the case, then it probably won't work. So I should probably go back to the Hewlett Packard site and download it again, only this time click on "Run"?

Larry

Henry L. deZeng

O.K............I had to go back and download the driver again after unplugging the printer. After that was done, I plugged the printer back in and it came on line immediately. There was no dialogue box or instructions..........nothing. It just came active the instant it was plugged back in. I think that means that I probably didn't have to download the driver at all?

Thanks again,

Larry

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online