Solved: Printer Head Cleaning

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CD ROM

I have an Epson Stylus Color 800 printer that I have not used for a long time. I put new ink in the cartridge and let it sit overnight. I then installed the cartridge in the printer and ran several head cleaning cycles. The printer does all the right things to print but no printing shows on the page. I think the heads must be clogged from sitting so long. Is there a way to clean them so they work again. I have not disassembled the printer yet.

Epson printers gained a bad reputation for becoming blocked with dried ink if left unused for more than a few days, I know because it happened to me & despite applying plastic-friendly solvent to the visible nozzles under the cartridges all night, It refused to clear & ended up replacing it with a Canon printer (which incidentally has never blocked up even after 10 days of me being away on holiday.

You could try applying solvent (nothing that's harmful to plastic though) to the entry nozzles under each cartridge & leaving it overnight like I did.

You can also by purpose-made cleaning cartridges online -- they contain a safe solvent instead of ink:
http://www.internet-ink.co.uk/printer-cleaning-cartridges/

If neither suggestion works, the printer is only fit for the skip I'm afraid.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I'd try distilled water and several wipes .. till you see color.
If you have a cartridgeworld nearby .. I think they have the tools to clean them

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online