1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Printer Installing When I Boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Esbenovich, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Esbenovich

Esbenovich Thread Starter

Hello All

My Printer Sometimes installs itself when i boot my pc.
    the printer is a HP PSC 1110 All-In-One
    the software for it, i downloaded from hp´s website, and my brother - its actually his printer but we swapped :) -had the same problem.
    What can i do to stop this?:confused:

My Pc is a Medion
    MS windows XP Home edition version 2002
    3GHz Proccesor And 1 gb Ram

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

Did you have another HP printer installed previous to the PSC 1110 All-In-One? If so, find the drivers for that printer and see if the HP site has the Software Cleanup Utility for the other printer. If so, run the utility to get rid of everything left behind from the other printer.

If you had another brand of printer installed prior to installing the PSC 1110 go to the other printers manufacturers website and see if they have a cleanp utility for their printer.

HP has a Software Cleanup Utility for the PSC 1110 located here;

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=90787

HP's printer software is notoriously "buggy" especially for multi-function machines.

3. Esbenovich

Yes i did have another hp, a deskjet 5740 - the 5700 series.
    i have now removed the driver etc. for the psc 1110, but i cant find out if they have a scrubber for 5700, i downladed one wich it came up after my search. but everytime i try to open it, it opens adobe dreamweawer!! it is called sp26339 and im not sure if it is even the right one:(

4. win2kpro

win2kpro

HP software throws files everywhere so there probably is a software conflict, or possibly an error in the registry.

If you are running XP have you tried a system restore to a date before you installed the PSC 1110 software?

I wouldn't use any file scrubber software for the old printer unless it came from the HP site.

5. Esbenovich

no i didnt make a sys restore point before i installed the driver and software the first time.

but after i scrubbed and reinstalled it, i havent seen the installer since(y)

6. win2kpro

win2kpro

Very good! (y)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648464

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice