1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Printer on XP not connecting to Vista

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Lareux, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lareux

Lareux Thread Starter

I have finally figured out what went wrong with the network. I went into printers to connect to my printer. It listed the printers on each of the other computers, but when I tried to connect to one of them I get the error "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is Denied." I have connected these before, they are fine. What am I missing?

2. kimsland

kimsland

Firewall off?

3. Lareux

Lareux Thread Starter

I just tried it. I turned the firewall off on both computers and it still didn't work.

4. kimsland

kimsland

Enable UAC (on Vista) - the "User Account Control" feature built into VISTA, .. turn it back on and reboot.

Try Again

Failing that:

control panel
    printers
    add printer
    add a local printer
    under "Use an existing port:" Check if "PrintServer Port" exists
    If so use that one

(The setup CD normally does this for you though.)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650719

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice