1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Printer problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by faz67, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faz67

faz67 Thread Starter

Hello All
    I have an HP photosmart 5520 that remains offline regardless of power on/off cycles, driver reinstalls and downloading and running all of HP's diagnostic software. HP diagnostics all say everything is wonderfull but print jobs get to the queue but do not print. I am at a loss mostly because I have not done much with computers since XP and have not mastered Win7 as yet. I get no error messages and the only place I see where the printer is offline is if I bring up the print box with options there it says printer offline everything else I can see says all is well. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Win7, Photosmart 5520 Wireless connection only. Mostly just not sure if this is a Win problem or HP.
    Gary

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Uninstall the HP software/drivers, reboot, and perform a fresh installation. You can use the CD that shipped with the printer, or get the latest software/driver package from the HP website. Following the installation instructions outlined in the User Manual or Quick Setup Guide. If you don't follow step by step, the installation often fails. The end of the installation will send a test print to the printer. So if you don't get the test print, the installation is not successful.

3. faz67

faz67 Thread Starter

To All

I did look before I posted but the most current thing I saw was 5 yrs old and closed so I just concidered it stale. Anyway I had already killed the install and reinstalled it (from the CD) all to no avail. So I killed it again and let Win7 search for the driver and it seems to be working now :D During this process I downloaded all of the HP diagnostics ran them and at the end it gave a message indicating that this printer was not compatable with the software. Thank a big one HP.

Gary

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090734

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice