1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Printer problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dano_61, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dano_61

dano_61 Thread Starter

Hello

My brother just gave me his Dell 720 printer, it is almost brand new and cartridges are 3/4 full. I have used it about 10 times. Today when i tried to print the words came out real light and smugged, i selected the option "print only in black and white" to save the colour ink.
    I tried the colour option but it wasnt much better. I did a test page from the Dell options window and the colour was good, black and white were very faint.

I am using windows XP

Thank you

Dan

2. onsite

onsite

Did you thank your brother for being so generous ?
    you probably need a new black catridge, does your brother have a spare ?
    if no cartridge, is there a "cleaning" option in the print queue or prnter option. Sometimes the ink dries and a few cleaning passes is all it takes.

3. dano_61

dano_61 Thread Starter

I will try that , thank you

Dan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486549

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice