1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Printer problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by genie5, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genie5

genie5 Thread Starter

My friend has brought a Vista HP laptop it came with a HP Deskjet F300 series Printer.
    The problem is it will not install it say error wrong drive for Vista it tells you to go to HP Website to download a new drive. I did that but can not find one, took it back to where she brought it and was told to trade in printer and update to new one. I beleive they should not of sold something that can not work. Is there anyone out there that can help my friend. The laptop and printer was brought from Dick Smith in Hastings New Zealand

2. alwrmc

alwrmc

First Name:
    B.L.
    Could you provide the specific model number and the EXACT steps taken to install the printer? Frequently printer installation is stymied by plugging in a USB cable before the OS and/or installation CD asks for it.

3. genie5

genie5 Thread Starter

HP Deskjet F300 series Printer. Did what they said did not plug in usb cable to soon
    The disk saysWindows98se 2000 xp verson7.0.1will not work with vista need a new drive.l

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597675

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice