1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Solved) Printer Problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by brownie, Dec 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brownie

brownie Thread Starter

About two weeks ago a friend used my pc to do some research and print out some charts. She is long gone but one of the headings for her chart remain in my pc and whenever I print anything out this heading appears on the top. A bit of a problem when I'm writing a letter, copying documents, whatever.

As usual I need some more help from the tech guys as to how I can eliminate this heading. Help!!

2. jbcalg

jbcalg

is this happening using the same software as she was?
    what was it?

if it's word or excel - she may have accidently changed the normal.dot (word) or default header settings in excel

if word:
    view
    headers and footers
    => anything there?
    if so (with word closed), do a find file search using start, find file or windows explorwer tools, look for normal.dot, delete it, word will create a new default document template next time you start word
    note: if you have a default doc you really like, and have rearranged the toolbars etc - you'll lose all that - post back and get other instructions to save your default without the header info

if excel
    view
    headers and footers
    => anything there?
    post back - it's the xlstart that's goofed up, but i'll need to find where it is

3. brownie

brownie Thread Starter

jbcalg: Many thanks for your reply. Since I have no idea what software she was using I thought I would fool around with some of the items you gave me. When I clicked on headers and footers there was nothing listed, however, when I clicked on the Custom Header uppopped the heading she used which has been haunting my printer. Clicked on the heading, delete, and away it went.

I knew if my problem could be solved I would receive a solution from the tech guys. Thanks again. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!