Solved: printer problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gmcsierra99

Banned
i got a printer from a family member a couple of days ago, and he couldnt find the software, soo i went on HP and downloaded the driver. when i try to printer something the printer pulls the paper in a little ways the it pushes it back and does that about 2-3 times? have no idea what is causing this.

Could be a paper jam. There should be a cover on the back or bottom of the printer that allows access to the paper path. Check in there for any obstructions. Do you get any kind of audible or visual errors when this happens?

gmcsierra99

Banned
but earlyier when i took the back off and took the paper out, i still got the message. and i dont think theres any obstuctions, it looks clear in there.

Well, again, you might want to thoroughly check the paper path, also check the gears and such to make sure there's no obstruction jamming one of those.

gmcsierra99

Banned
you know that cover you take off the back of the printer to pull the paper our? well them little wheel things on there are pretty hard to spin, do you think that might be hanging it up?

Possibly, try seeing if it works without it on, but I think it needs it as a guide.

had the same problem a whle back and found a tiny bit of paper stuck under one of the rollers it was only about 6mm in size but enough to jam it

Yes, it should. Maybe use some compressed air on it if you can and see if it dislodges anything.

i have an epson r200 and u can open the top cover to change inks and if you look down you can see a long roller that feeds the paper,thats the one im talking about

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online