1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Printer Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by reezin14, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. reezin14

reezin14 Thread Starter

Well my problem is that my printer is either printing the top of words or the bottom of words.It will sometimes print the whole word with it either light at the top/bottom.It was a rarely use printer so its still relatively new.It's a HP Deskjet 3740 series, any help would be appreciated.

2. 00trav

00trav

have you tried cleaning the ink heads?
    if you go to printers, then right click on the printer with problems, go to properties. somewhere in the window will be tools, and you can clean or flush the heads, try that. or try calibrating.

if that doesn't work, i would say buy ink, but since ink is so expensive i would say buy a new printer.

3. reezin14

reezin14 Thread Starter

I've always wondered why ink is so expensive.OK 00tray I did what you suggested and all is well now, I didn't even know that there was a feature in the printing software to do this. Thanks again.

4. 00trav

00trav

glad to help...

ink is expensive because thats how hp and other companies make a large portion of their profits. once locked into a printer you are forced to buy their ink. although now there are some third party inks on the market that about half the price. you can also refill your old cartridges, but you have to get a little resetter tool to reset the levels. i used to do this at my old job since we were on grants and had no money....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645500

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice