Solved: Printer Sharing issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

spdabbs

Having a very odd issue when trying to share my printer (Canon Pixma ip4300).

When I try to enable Printer Sharing in the Network & Sharing Center, it gives no errors, but just stays off all the time.

When I try to share the printer from the printer properties page I get the following dialog -
"Printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be completed (error 0x0000007a).
This also writes an alert into the event log (System), giving event ID of 19 and when following the link to the MS site leads here - http://technet2.microsoft.com/windo...26b2-4239-b369-ef2765da44cc1033.mspx?mfr=true
I have tried the instructions in that article, all to no avail. I have also done an sfc /scannow which came up clean.

Any clues anyone? This is baffling me.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online