Solved: Printer Spooler Keeps stopping

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

HappyMo

Hi,

I am having a problem with my printer spooler, it will not stay on. the printer is an HP 1600 which has worked fine up until recently. When I uninstalled and re- installed the printer I received an error message that the RPC has failed. My printers have disappeared out of the Printer folder along with Control Panel> Printers and Faxes area. there is nothing there. I have a Windows Xp 2002 Version Dell Dimension 2400. I read an older post regarding this issue, to delete corrupted registry files. But my computer does not have any but the default folders. Please help!! thanks in advance.

HappyMo

Phantom010,
I used the link you posted for resetting the print spooler and for far it Worked!!
Thanks for your help

I have a Windows 7 x64 system directly connected to an HP 1018 Laserjet and a 2050 Deskjet. Over the last 4 months the printing has been giving me all kinds of problems. Printer sharing from XP systems did not work unless I stopped and started the print spooler and then clicked on the print queue dialog box.

The Windows 7 Trouble Shooter and the device driver finder have been a complete and utter waste of time. In the end, I downloaded a better USB driver from the Asus website after reading about a similar problem somewhere on the net (maybe here).

Have we returned to the days of plug-and-pray?

Now I have this .PDF file of a 1 page invoice that was attached to a recent email. After opening with Adobe Reader 10.1.2 and attempting to print, the Laserjet just blinks for a while. It kills the Print Spooler, and then nothing more will print. Reboot solves nothing. I couldn't delete the print job because the spooler refused to run. What fun!:mad:

Deleting the rubbish Adobe files in C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS and restarting the Print Spooler service seems to clear the problem.

For the record, there were 2 files in the above dir - a little .SHD file and a big .SPL file. The SPL file is registered as a Shockwave Flash File.

Adobe Shockwave - has there been another app that caused more crippled systems than this one?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online