Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Printer Spooler Keeps stopping

12K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Diogenes54 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am having a problem with my printer spooler, it will not stay on. the printer is an HP 1600 which has worked fine up until recently. When I uninstalled and re- installed the printer I received an error message that the RPC has failed. My printers have disappeared out of the Printer folder along with Control Panel> Printers and Faxes area. there is nothing there. I have a Windows Xp 2002 Version Dell Dimension 2400. I read an older post regarding this issue, to delete corrupted registry files. But my computer does not have any but the default folders. Please help!! thanks in advance.

#5 ·
I have a Windows 7 x64 system directly connected to an HP 1018 Laserjet and a 2050 Deskjet. Over the last 4 months the printing has been giving me all kinds of problems. Printer sharing from XP systems did not work unless I stopped and started the print spooler and then clicked on the print queue dialog box.

The Windows 7 Trouble Shooter and the device driver finder have been a complete and utter waste of time. In the end, I downloaded a better USB driver from the Asus website after reading about a similar problem somewhere on the net (maybe here).

Have we returned to the days of plug-and-pray?

Now I have this .PDF file of a 1 page invoice that was attached to a recent email. After opening with Adobe Reader 10.1.2 and attempting to print, the Laserjet just blinks for a while. It kills the Print Spooler, and then nothing more will print. Reboot solves nothing. I couldn't delete the print job because the spooler refused to run. What fun!:mad:

Deleting the rubbish Adobe files in C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS and restarting the Print Spooler service seems to clear the problem.

For the record, there were 2 files in the above dir - a little .SHD file and a big .SPL file. The SPL file is registered as a Shockwave Flash File.

Adobe Shockwave - has there been another app that caused more crippled systems than this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.