[SOLVED] printer won't go back on-line

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

maur238

i have a quantex pc windows 95 and a epson 600 printer. it worked fine forever all of a sudden the printer will not print at all it reads that the problem is that it is "off line" . ive deleted the printer , reinstalled, trouble shot on epson tech support until i almost had a nervous breakdown. NOTHING IS WORKING! what could be my problem here? it's been 4 days of fustration and homework panic. i am not that good in the computer world but i can follow instructions if anyone has any. thanksand hope your having a better day than me.

If you reinstall it and you still have the same problem check the cable connection, if you can see if you can borrow another cable and try that.

Also remove the printer port and reinstall that too.

You might also want to check the printer on another computer if you can to make sure it isn't the problem. But make sure you check the cable first.

If you've done everything suggested and it still doesn't work you might want to consider a new printer. It would cost more then a new one to fix. Epson 600's do die frequently since they are a low end printer.

maur238

someone suggested in a posted reply try another printer port
that might work if i knew what a printer port was i remember once seing somewhere on this computer lpt1,lpt2 i'll be damned if i could remember i can't find lpt2 i doubt that this printer just crapped out it was fine one second offline the next. my kids(ages 12,and 16) may have deleted a driver or something if that is posssible but i don't even have a clue as to see if something isn't around anymore that is needed .

Go into control panel, add new hardware, when the window opens click next twice and then put a tic in the "no the device isn't listed" then click next, then put a tic in the "no I will find the device myself" click next and scroll down to ports and highlight it and click next.

Then select a printer port and install it. After that go to my computer, click on printers, highlight your printer, right click on it and select properties.

When the new window opens click on details tab and in the "PRint to the following port" click on the dropdown tab and select the new port you added. Click ok and close.

maur238

ive done what rselby suggested to no avail it still refuses to print. i went into device manager than spool manager it said that my printr status is IDLE. Is this what it should say? if not, how do i change it to what it should be ? tans again to all you helpful hands out there.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
May I suggest a new ink cartridge?

Q: When I try to print a document, I get a message that the "printer is offline" in the Epson Monitor. What does this mean?

A: This message usually indicates that the printer is out of ink. Replacing the ink cartridge should get rid of this error message (see Replacing Ink Cartridges.)

maur238

It turned out very simple after all It was like Aca Cndy said just the ink . THANK you all for making peoples lives easier. I still have the few gray hairs though.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Thanks so much for letting us know! and thank you so much for the nice PM! :)

Have a great evening or whatever time zone you may be on! :)

I'll mark this one SOLVED! :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online