1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Printer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by topbowler, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. topbowler

topbowler Thread Starter

I run an Epson Stylus Photo R300 printer a week ago I found the printer had vanished!. No printer connected it said. I went into RUN typed in services.msc did everything asked of me but when I clicked onto start to restart PRINT SPOOLER SERVICE what cme up was ERROR2 THE SYSTEM CANNOT FIND THE FILE SPECIFIED Help Please !!!

2. JustJudy

JustJudy

First Name:
    Judy
    I have had this happen many times and it is a very frustrating situation. Trying to start the service was a good start. When that fails I usually reinstall the printer. But before that, have you restarted your computer and printer? Sometimes just a simple restart allows the spooler to start. If that doesn't solve it then I wouyld reinstall the printer.
    Turn the printer off. Unhook it from the computer. Reinstall (either using the cd that came with it or download driver from the internet). Follow the directions about hooking the printer to the computer during the install (sometimes you shouldn't attach USB at the beginning of install, and some want it attached). After the install hopefully that will nudge the print spooler into service again.
    Good luck!

3. topbowler

topbowler Thread Starter

Have tried all things and suggestions still no good

4. JustJudy

JustJudy

First Name:
    Judy
    Try following the directions here: http://www.windowsanswers.net/articles/fix-printer-manual
    This is a step by step that should get you on the road to printing again. If you get as far as having to edit the registry I suggest you stop at that point and come back here and we'll look for some more solutions.
    By the way, before you reinstalled the printer did you uninstall it(should be in add/remove programs, or actually have an uninstall under all programs)? If not, before you try the above link, try that, reboot, then reinstall.

Good luck!

5. gordon6971

gordon6971

If JustJudy's good suggestions are not effective, you can try a MS Fix it solution at http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/. You can also, after deleting the printer via the control panel/printers & faxes (not uninstalling) and rebooting, just plug it in and see if your OS recognizes it (a pop-up saying new hardware is found). If so, you can follow the install wizard directions, and just accept the default configuration. In this case, formal installation with a CD is not necessary, unless you want add'l featurese. As already mentioned, make sure you have cleared the print queue, as you can't very often fix a printer problem when documents are waiting to be printed. I've encountered this frustrating problem in the past, and eventually solved it. Good luck.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice