1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Printing Hangs Up Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by emachinegamer, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emachinegamer

emachinegamer Thread Starter

Hello,

My problem is with a Dell photo printer 720, hooked up via USB to a Compaq Presario CQ50-110 laptop. The laptop has Microsoft Vista and is literally brand new. Installing the printer went ok. However, I can only print stuff once in a rare while. Usually the program Microsoft Word, notepad, etc. says printing like normal but then the doc appears in the printer folder and doesn't print. (Normally the dell thing comes/should come up with the ink levels and a loud voice says printing started.) You can't delete the first job either in the printer pending, it says deleting and will never go away. Other documents after that one won't print either and will be deleted. I am at my wits end on this one. The only reliable thing to get it to work and only for a little bit is to uninstall and reinstall the printer. Then it prints off perfectly. Since it does work at times I am guessing that is not my firewall (Commodo) or a driver issue. Thanks for any help.

P.S. This printer has worked for long time on an old dell desktop with XP so it is not the printer mechanically.

2. emachinegamer

emachinegamer Thread Starter

Ok guys I solved it I think at least for a little bit. I uninstalled and reinstalled with the drivers from Dell, which were supposedly installed but I guess they weren't. I will keep tabs on it and ask again if it has a problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/741988

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice