1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] printing problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cadye, Jan 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cadye

cadye Thread Starter

I have a Toshiba laptop model 4070cds which will not print. When I attempt to print anything I get Illegal operation window "lexplore" with the error message : CBJCORE.DLL at 0002:00000a0a. I have recently got on high speed dsl service, and had trouble loading netscape browser (not related problems) and ended up using internet explorer to get to netscape. I got a lot of "illegal windows" when I had the netscape problem.I would really appreciate any help to solve this printing problem.

Thanks

2. cadye

cadye Thread Starter

Me again. I unisnstalled the printer driver and re-installed just to see if this might help. It didn't, but apparantly changed the default to Ring Central Fax.Before I reset I tried to print and an error message came up under "lexplore" : lexplore caused a general protection fault in module GDI.EXE at 0001:0000293e. I reset the printer to correct default(Canon BJC250} and tried to print , then got Msgsrv32 window. this program.......... MSGSRV32 caused general protection fault in Module GDI.EXE......
    Then I tried to test print using word pad, could not load the Rich Edit control DLL."The system may be low on memory or the file, RICHED20.DLL may be missing or corrupt. I tried to find this file using the "Find" program , nothing came up.

Can anybody tell me what is wrong??????
    HHHHHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi cadye, welcome to TSG.

What operating system are you running?

4. cadye

cadye Thread Starter

Windows 98

5. ~Candy~

Ok, let's start with this....

Start button, run, then type msinfo32 and press ok....go to software, startup, edit, select all, edit, copy and come back and paste.

6. cadye

cadye Thread Starter

I did that , but don't understand what to do with it. Please explain. A whole bunch of files come up when selecting all.
    Thanks

7. ~Candy~

Yes, there will be a lot of stuff....once it's highlighted, just continue on with my instructions and come back and paste your response.

8. cadye

cadye Thread Starter

I must really be thick! I run msinfo32 and bring up msft system info window. Then what? There is software environment file. is this what you are refering to ?

9. ~Candy~

Yes, software environment, then startup....then edit, select all, edit again, copy, and come back and paste.

10. cadye

cadye Thread Starter

OK, now i think I get it, only thing is I have never pastedanything before, you are talking to a "dog" here! I get all the way to copy, click but nothing comes up to paste, I assume you want to see all the startup files and need me to paste them on to the forum. Please advise details for me to do this. Sorry for my inexperience.
    Thanks again

11. ~Candy~

Once you've got the copy part complete, (nothing is going to come up) come back to your reply, like you are ready to type something....click the mouse so you've got the cursor here, the right click on the mouse, a box should open, select paste.

12. cadye

cadye Thread Starter

When i select paste nothing happens. Sorry for my ignorance. I guess the startup window with all programs should come up in the reply message, but isn't! Please inlighten me.
    Thanks

13. ~Candy~

Take it step by step, once you hit select all, do you see the items highlighted.....yes? Continue with edit again, then copy....you really won't see anything happening at this point......

Now come back to the thread and hit the reply button as you usually do.....start typing....here is my list......

Then right click on the mouse, a list of selections should pop up......select paste......

14. cadye

cadye Thread Starter

here is my stNorton System Doctor Startup Group "C:\Program Files\Norton Utilities\SYSDOC32.EXE" /STARTUP
    Taskbar Display Controls Registry (Per-User Run) RunDLL deskcp16.dll,QUICKRES_RUNDLLENTRY
    ScanRegistry Registry (Machine Run) c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun
    SystemTray Registry (Machine Run) SysTray.Exe
    LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Run) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    TMOUSE Registry (Machine Run) C:\Toshiba\Mouse\tmouse.exe
    TOSHIBSU Registry (Machine Run) TOSHIBSU.EXE
    CC2KUI Registry (Machine Run) C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Comet\Bin\comet.exe
    RealTray Registry (Machine Run) C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\realplay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
    LoadPowerProfile Registry (Machine Service) Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    SchedulingAgent Registry (Machine Service) mstask.exe
    artup list

15. cadye

cadye Thread Starter

Well, it worked, you may notice that it starts as , Here is my st........(then at end)artup list. Don't know how that works.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66497

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice