1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Printing wirelessly through a D-Link router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by asgt, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. asgt

asgt Thread Starter

Hi Guys,
    Using help I found in your forums, I managed to set up my D-Link DSL-G604T wireless router (previously used only for wireless internet) to allow file transfer between my laptop (see Computer Specs) and the family computer (Compaq Presario S5500UK). Thanks for this.(y)

While doing this, I thought I found a way to wireless print. The printer (Epson Stylus Photo RX425) is attached to the family computer. Until then, I thought I needed a Print Server, but I found the printer's details on the list of printers on "Add a new printer" in Control Panel. It connects fine but when I try to print to it, a balloon pops up in the Task Bar saying: "This document failed to print". I have attached a print screen of the balloon.

I'll check back regularly to give any extra information you need.

Cheers
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    have you shared the printer and tried to add the printer using network printer ?

3. asgt

asgt Thread Starter

yeah i tried those

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    do you have a firewall - perhaps that is blocking - although i would expect it not to show the printer

5. asgt

asgt Thread Starter

the router has a built in firewall and also the windows firewall. windows firewall flashed up but i clicked allowed. unfortunately i can't remember what it said!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537721

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice