Solved: Probably a very dumb question, but...

Captain_Kash

do companies charge you for calling 1-800 numbers? I ask this because I need to call Qwest's Technical Support. Thanks.

No. 800 numbers are toll free, the companies pick up the tab. I work for Fidelity Investments and we have more 800 numers tahn any company in the US. Hek, we even have Int'l toll free numbers.:D

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
Welcome to TSG Captain_Kash! :) Mark your thread solved if you get a chance! ;) :D

If you call certain Microsoft 800 numbers for Tech Support, and you don't already have a contract with them, they will let you know that they want to charge you. They did this to me and I simply said "no". I wasn't charged, but the tech-support phone call got a lot shorter. They did offer me free tech-support via email though.

Stoner

Banned
I never called Gateway about a problem I had under warranty, but I did post at their customer help center.

:D
They said I didn't own a Gateway product.... LOL!......:D
Even told me not to post again :eek:

And that was the last Gateway I ever bought ;)

Most frustrating experience. Calling my ISP to complain that I can not connect and the operator on the other end telling me I should go use the online support center.

Fyzbo said:
Most frustrating experience. Calling my ISP to complain that I can not connect and the operator on the other end telling me I should go use the online support center.
Did you ask him HOW? :) :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online