1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Probelms with windows 7 and BIOS

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Thegamer, May 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thegamer

Thegamer Thread Starter

Hi Everyone
    I have recently assembled a new computer and while it turns on and all identifies the two hard drives I have- I have a western digital HDD and a corsair SSD- the BIOS identifies the SSD as a cd drive which results in Windows wont allow me to install it.

I thought about updating the BIOS but it wont do any good as I have the most upto date version already :(

Has anyone got any ideas? Ive looked online and nothing I find has helped- You guys have been life savers before lets see if you can do it again :)

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

1. Which motherboard please

2. Is the SSD connected to the Intel or AMD Sata port and not to a Marvell port
    if the M/B is so equipped

3. Is the Corsair SSD new and therefore no installation on it, or has it been used in another system

4. If the WD is not to be used for any part of the OS install, disconnect it

5. Put the SSD is Sata 0 - usually

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!