Solved: problem burning in Brrrn

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rapidfirerob

I have been using Brrrn, a wonderful converter/burner for a long time with no problems. This weekend I got this error message:
SPTILOCK:1,1,0: PLEXTOR DVDR PX-712A Rev: 1.09
SPTILOCK:1,1,0: PLEXTOR DVDR PX-712A Rev: 1.09
?: I/O error. : scsi sendcmd: retryable error
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
Sense Bytes: 70 00 04 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 09 01
Sense Key: 0x4 Hardware Error, Segment 0
Sense Code: 0x09 Qual 0x01 (tracking servo failure) Fru 0x0
Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 20s
ERROR:
ERROR: Cannot setup device SPTILOCK:1,1,0.
I did a Quick Restore which did not help. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it which worked for one burn. Now the message is back. Help, please. I have XP Pro

Go to Device Manager and uninstal the Plextor DVD Drive . Reboot and reinstal . That 'should' clear the problem .

Any new burning apps installed? Looks like s driver conflict. Did you install Daemon Tools?

rapidfirerob

Yes, I installed a new version of Imgburn. When I uninstalled and went back to my old version, Brrrn works fine. Thanks so much for your help!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online