1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problem burning on new Asus computer

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by a-skipton, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a-skipton

a-skipton Thread Starter

HI

I've just bought a new Asus K55a laptop, all is working fine on it except for the dvd-drive.

The drive will read and will also write in media player, however it will not write with any other software.

I have itunes imstalled which comes back with unknown error 4310, latest nero installed which keeps saying there is only room for 0.01 MB of data on a blank disc and tried to burn with BURRRN which came back with logic unit not ready, long write in progress error.

I am unable to copy discs or burn data to dvd. I've tried different branded discs and burning at slower speeds but nothing seems to work!

help please!

cheers
    Andy

2. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

3. a-skipton

a-skipton Thread Starter

Hi,

thanks for that and it did work perfectly, however, after a few thoughts I've now got a permanent fix.

when I was trying to update CD driver from the hardware manager, it said that the driver was up to date. with the computer I got a free copy of Uniblue's Driverscanner which showed 13 drivers out of date including the cd/dvd drive. so I paid for the program and updated the drivers - it now works perfectly with itunes, nero and all other burning software.

Also, instead of my cd drive showing slimtype DVD A, it is now displaying slimtype DVD A DS8A8SH!

thanks very much for your help, I have seen lots of problems with Asus computers just lately with this problem so I hope this helps!

cheers
    Andy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!