1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problem code 39

Discussion in 'Networking' started by albet3342, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. albet3342

albet3342 Thread Starter

My brother bought a Gateway FX a few weeks ago, and had a few days of it working properly. Unfortunately, in no time, he was having problems with the internet. Every time that he tried to connect to our wireless internet connection, problem code 39 appeared.

It says "Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 39."

It also says "The network adapter 'Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN' is experiencing driver or hardware related issues." There seems to be nothing wrong with the wired connection, but it is not recognizing ANY wireless signals, and there are multiple ones in our area.

I should also mention that the computer WAS stuck in a loop of Windows Updates, where it went through the update screens and when it completed the updates, would shut down. Upon restart, it would immediately enter into the update screen. However, I am unsure if this information is relevant. Also, when the computer returned from being fixed, I had to reactivate Microsoft Windows, and confirm its authenticity.

Is there anything I can do to fix the internet? Or is the wireless hardware corrupted and completely unusable?

2. ckphilli

ckphilli

Have you looked at the drivers in device manager yet?

3. albet3342

albet3342 Thread Starter

I did. The icon for the wireless device had a little triangle on top of it, which to me means that there is a problem.

4. ckphilli

ckphilli

5. albet3342

albet3342 Thread Starter

I actually posted the first post on the computer through a wired connection. I'll take a look at the restarting the drive. Thanks!

6. albet3342

albet3342 Thread Starter

Thanks. That worked perfectly, and now the internet works fine both wirelessly and wired.

7. ckphilli

ckphilli

Glad to hear it-

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/802530

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice