1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problem contacting eBay

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by WibbleBibble, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WibbleBibble

WibbleBibble Thread Starter

I've made a purchase on eBay as a guest, but now I need to contact the seller. eBay refused to deliver my contact e-mail, saying my account has been suspended. Their notification included a link to click on if I dispute this. But, the link takes me to the eBay login page, which refuses to recognise my username, even though it is on the e-mail they sent me. Wherever I go on their website to try to contact them, I just get referred back to the log-in page.
    I have since tried to register with eBay but it declares my e-mail address invalid.

Is there any way I can contact eBay support without logging in?

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Please see this page- sorry if you have already tried all that.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/forgot-password.html

There are ways to reset your login information- you have to provide answers to some questions to verify your ID.

You would need to just check your email for the link they send so you can change your password. Or, there is a method so they can send you your user account name if that is forgotten /mistaken.....

Here's a page you get when you use Customer Support as a guest: (not signed in)

http://ocs.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...5339246585&convId=0&ContactCsResultsPage=true

Try the information there....call Ebay

3. WibbleBibble

WibbleBibble Thread Starter

Unfortunately, the contact number you pointed me to would have incurred an international phone charge. But I found a local contact number using an Android App called "SayNoTo0870" and resolved my issues that way. Turns out, my guest account had simply expired, and I had to set up a new e-mail address in order to open a new account. Done and done.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081997

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice