1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problem in iMovie

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by jennemeg, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jennemeg

jennemeg Thread Starter

Hi there,
    Can someone please help me?
    I am using iMovie and making music video's using some friends photographs. My friend lives in Nebraska and somehow her location is embedded into the photo. See attached photo. When I want to add a title to the video, underneath where I type in the title of my project, it says, "Lincoln, NE". I cannot delete it. My friend thinks this happened because her camera has the location added. We cannot find anywhere on the file where we can delete the location, so am wondering if anyone else knows how I can change this. I don't see anywhere in iMovie where I can delete the location.
    Thank you in advance for any help. It's much appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i have moved to the apple mac forum,

not sure how iphoto works with EXIF data - but the camera will save the EXI|F info (all the details about the image , camera, focal length , exposure , date time etc)
    it may be the exif - but usually this is hidden and not placed on the image, unless the camera is setup to specifically add the location to the image, I know you can do that with Date & Time

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2385?viewlocale=en_US

this is quite old now
    http://www.austinareaphoto.com/2010/01/15/how-to-remove-metadata-from-jpeg-in-osx/

3. jennemeg

jennemeg Thread Starter

Thank you so very much!
    That worked: I was able to remove the location metadata under the the "Tools", then I went to "show inspector" and made my way to GPS, and unchecked the location.
    Thanks! I've learned something new today!

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    excellent, glad that sorted it for you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!