Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: problem of OfficeXP upgrade recognizing "qualifying product"

826 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  ~Candy~ 
#1 ·
My friend has Vista OS and Ms Office XP-Small Business (Powerpoint not included) version on her laptop.
We bought the version of Office XP (below) for her to be able to get/ download Powerpoint only. Both the seller and Microsoft Customer Service said that that can be done and that it will work on Vista, and to just choose custom install.

(What we bought: Microsoft Office XP Standard 2002 Upgrade NEW
original cd, box, manual sealed in plastic clamshell
Compatible with Windows NT, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista
upgrade requires previous version of office 97 or 2000
Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)

When she puts in the Office XP CD and chooses "Install or Run program", and goes thru those normal beginning steps, including putting the product key in the spaces, a message then comes up saying, "can't find qualifying products" on the hard drive. How do we get this part of the installation process to recognize that she already has Office XP or is there another issue going on?

#3 ·
As it turns out, an upgrade will not work with Ms Office XP-Small Business, because it was an OEM version. That's why when trying to install the Ms Office XP Standard version upgrade, that error comes up: can't find qualifying products. It appears that my friend needs a full, non-OEM version of Office in order to do an upgrade in the future, or even to install the stand-alone PowerPoint program, if that also requires a non-OEM Office to already be installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.