1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problem opening email page

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by NeedsHelpinVA, Apr 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NeedsHelpinVA

NeedsHelpinVA Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: HP Compaq Presario C700 Notebook PC
    Processor: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual CPU T2310
    Processor Count: T2310 @1.46GHz 1.47GHz
    RAM: 1,00GB
    Graphics Card:
    Hard Drives: 32 bit
    Motherboard:
    Antivirus: Avast

I have Comcast as my email provider, and I can logon to the Comcast.net site and go to any of the destinations on that site such as the news videos, or my account but when I click on my "email" the screen comes up "This page can't be displayed". When I tried to sign up to ask for help in Techguy.org, I had to go through my wife's laptop to get to the email to register, and to respond, because my problem concerns my email. I also have another problem, that may be caused by whatever is causing my email problem, because they both seemed to stop working at about the same time. When I go to the Advance Auto Store website, and try to sign into my account there, I get the same message as when I try to go to my email, in my Comcast Account, "This page cannot be displayed". Both of these things has always worked, for years, and now all of a sudden, I don't know what I've done to change it. I would appreciate any help anyone could give me. I know I must have done something, I just don't know what. Thanks.

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

clear all the history and cookies from the browser, try a different browser, clear your dns cache

3. NeedsHelpinVA

Thank you so much "CleverX"! I tried going to my email on Firefox instead of Internet Explorer and it worked! I was also able to sign into my account at the Advance Auto Store. I had my wife see if she could sign into her account at Kohl's on the Firefox browser, and that also worked. I really appreciate the help. It was driving me crazy. I'm so glad I signed up for this TechGuy help, and really glad you took the time to help me. Thanks again!

4. CleaverX

CleaverX

Great, please mark the thread as Solved.

5. NeedsHelpinVA

Thank you CleaverX also for reminding me to mark the thread as solved. I guess I should have done so when I sent in the last message telling that I followed your advice and it worked. As you can see, I am new in the techguy.org but I hope to improve. Thanks "again". (I hope I did this right)

6. NeedsHelpinVA

Thank you so much CleverX for helping me solve my problem opening my email page, and opening logon pages on other sites.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147354

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice