1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problem Printing with Adobe 11 on Win7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by tranch, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tranch

tranch Thread Starter

Adobe reader 11.0.10 automatically updated itself on my Win7 laptop and now it will not allow me to print anything.

I try to print a document, picture, or anything and I get a window of the print preview, I click the print button, and an error message comes up "The Document Could not be Printed." Click the OK button and another box comes up and says, "There were no Pages selected to Print." :mad: :mad:

Adobe ran fine until it updated itself. I had updated it a month or so ago, had the same problem, couldn't figure out what was wrong and finally, after trying unsuccessfully to get it to run or delete it, restored my laptop to the previous day and reloaded Adobe Reader 10. Every time I'd get the reminder to update to 11 I'd click no so I wouldn't have this problem. It updated itself today when I turned on my laptop and now Adobe 10 will not install. Guess it's telling me I HAVE to update but it doesn't work. :( :(

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

Sorry to hear about your troubles, go here: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html
    run the tool to completely remove whatever version of the reader you have, then reboot your machine and then go directly to Adobe.com and download and install the latest version directly. Hope this helps.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Adobe Reader XI (11.0.10) works fine in my Windows 7 computers.

I just recently completed and saved my income tax return in PDF format and then opened and printed it with Adobe Reader.

--------------------------------------------------------

You can turn off or disable its automatic update function.

I manually update everything and don't allow anything to auto-update.

--------------------------------------------------------

4. tranch

tranch Thread Starter

Thanks to all for the help.

Followed CleaverX's help, uninstalled then reinstalled. Also flavallee's help and made sure the automatic update was disabled. Also while "fiddling" to find the auto update I saw something for a "privacy setting" and turned that off also. Works fine now. (y) :)

ARGH! Income tax. I've just finished rounding up all my tax "stuff" and next week it's off to the accountant for the bad news! :eek:

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144183

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice