Solved: Problem running batch files in W8

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alex Ethridge

First-time user of Windows 8.

I use batch files a lot. My batch files have many lines. Problem is that a new COMMAND window is opened with every line in the batch file. This interferes with other programs I am running. This did not happen under W7.

How can I correct this so that all lines in a batch file run in the same command window?

If you open a cmd window first and type in the batch file name to execute it, does it do the same thing?

Alex Ethridge

Solved:

Right-click the Command shortcut.
Click Properties.
Click the Shortcut tab
Click the Advanced button
Select "Run as Administrator"
Click the OK button
Click the OK button again.

From now on, use this shortcut to run batches.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online