1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problem swapping routers

Discussion in 'Networking' started by larswebb, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larswebb

larswebb Thread Starter

Hi, I am having problems with the first step of installing a Trendnet wireless n router. When I disconnect my Belkin wireless router and connect the DSL modem directly to my pc to establish a direct connection (Step 1 in the directions) I cannot get online. I have Ameritech/Yahoo DSL with Enternet 300v1.5b software and a Belkin wireless b router. Can I try just replacing the Belkin with the Trendnet router?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What is the make/model of the DSL modem?

3. larswebb

larswebb Thread Starter

Siemens 4100

I got working now. I ran the Trendnet cd with the Belkin router still attached and it walked me through the installation. I am now having trouble with the security settings...Every time I set up the security to WPA my wife's pc gets cutoff. I will mark this problem solved and if need be I start a new one for the security issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!