Solved: Problem With Belarc Advisor 7.0P After Installing In Windows ME Computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I've updated this program many times in the past in all 3 of my computers without any problem, but the 7.0P update was a different story today with my Windows ME computer.

While the scan was running, the following error message appeared:

Rundll32 has caused an error in Npbelv32.dll
(Npbelv32.dll is one of the files in the Belarc Advisor folder)

I rebooted and even uninstalled and reinstalled the update, but the same error message continued to appear.

It installed fine in my Windows 98SE and Windows XP SP2 computers.

Any suggestions?

Frank

I didn't see your post and started another thread as I had this same problem with my W98Se.

Will be waiting for a solution.

All is ok on my 98 SE with Advisor Version: 7.0o that I got a couple weeks ago.
I did not know there was a newer 7.0p out.

I better wait to see what happens before updating.
I should start keeping all versions in case I ever need to go back to a older version.

Glad I keep aida32 Pro that tells you about hotfixes too.

Harry you are right about keeping the just replaced versions as I really don't have the room and sometimes it bites me in the butt down the road.

I know I keep pass version of other programs but I did not even keep the Advisor Version: 7.0o I installed so no way am I going to update.
I guess I could use clean sweep to make a copy but keeping the Advisor own install version would be best.

I got an email from Peter Tracy of Belarc and they had me send them a file and they are looking at it.

Will keep you posted.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Deke:

I also got a reply from him to a message that I posted at the Belarc site on the same day that I posted here.

The file he was asking for with a .BCI extension didn't exist in my Windows ME computer. I made him aware of that and he told me that it helped and he would get back to me.

It's working fine in my Windows 98SE and Windows XP SP2 computers, but the scan stops at 96% in my Windows ME computer and then the error message appears.

Hi Frank

That is basically what I got to. Here is the message I got then I got a second message and now I understand that by me not having that he was telling me that would help them maybe figure it out.

"We are trying to narrow down the issue. Could I bother you to send me a couple other files from your machine also?

c:\program files\Belarc\Advisor\System\tmp\(xxx).html
c:\program files\Belarc\Advisor\xxx.bci

In this case the 'xxx' should be the name of your computer.

Thanks again for your help."

Then I got this after telling him I didn't have either file present. I did send them the the process.log file earlier.

"Thanks. That helps."

Maybe they will sort it out soon.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You got an exact copy of the message that I got.

My tmp folder only had a License.html file in it.

My Advisor folder had a System folder and 2 other files in it, but no file with a .bci extension.

Frank did you get the fix for Belarc Adivsor from Peter Tracy yet?

They sent me a new NPBelv32.dll file and everthing is working now.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Yes, I received his message with the file attachment. The new version of the NPBelv32.dll file is 7.0.16.2 to replace the 7.0.16.0 version. Everything works fine now.(y)

I was going to post a copy of that file here, just in case anyone else needs to make use of it, but it's 440 KB in size and the TSG upload applet won't accept it because it's over 400 KB. (n)

Zip it up flavallee and upload it to this site. No sign up needed to use the site.

SendMeFile
( http://www.sendmefile.com/ ) Description: "Send Me File" provides free file hosting - host any type of files for free. Simply upload all your images, documents, music, video, zip, rar, flash files, and more. All file types are accepted with out any need of registration. The SendMeFile.com service is available in many languages (English, Czech, Russian, Norwegian and more). No set limits on bandwidth. The maximum file size allowed is 30 MB. Uploaded files will be hosted for 14 days on their server. After uploading, you can optionally secure/protect your file with a password. The URL given after uploading your file will display a button to click to download the file.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The file is already in ZIP format. The problem is it being 440 KB in size and the TSG site not allowing anything larger than 400 KB to be uploaded.

I think Harry meant for it to be uploaded here for people to be able to access it.

PS-Thanks for the link Harry. (y)

We've released Belarc Advisor version 7.0q (get it at http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html) to fix the problem you were having with the previous version. It had a bug that caused an exception only on Windows 95, 98, Me computers that don't use the login screen.

Sorry for the troubles, and we appreciate your letting us know about the problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online