1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problem with computer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by RedCircleTech, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RedCircleTech

RedCircleTech Thread Starter

I can't install XP into my computer (C:,Local Disk) because it is full. At this case, my computer isn't working based on going into the desktop so I am using a Windows Vista 32-bit CD. The problem is a blue screen 0x07 problem. Their is no problem with virus problem or with memory problem but it can either be updating drivers or BIOS. I see a lot of things that it keeps providing me to update my drivers and there is something wrong with the computers pci.sys in C: or X:, so Recovery Console is futile at this point. I also cannot perform System Restore because I cannot find the system image and I don't know how it looks like. I also cannot perform it because I do not have an operating system. Answer all questions, please.

1: How can I find my system image inside the computer and restore it to Windows Vista mode?

2: How can I find a driver with a operating system to recover my computer the way it was when it was first own the computer?

Notice: When I refer to computer means my laptop, Dell XPS.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    on the dell computer will be a service tag number - would you post that here

when the PC was first sent to you - did you a) receive any recovery CDs with it or b) asked to create some recovery DVDs

Dell will supply replacement recovery cds for a fee
    http://support.dell.com/support/top...=19&l=en&s=dhs&docid=DSN_331556&isLegacy=true
    http://support.dell.com/support/top...llcare/en/backupcd_form?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Now where did you get the XP cd from ?

can you try safemode

as the PC starts keep tapping F8 - a menu appears - choose
    safemode - see if that works
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. RedCircleTech

SafeMode didn't work! I'll already tried that. After the process, the blue screen came in. So as the Microsoft Recovery Professional option. No; no recovery CD came with it.
    Please answer these questions, for sure it will recovery my computer:

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    see step 3
    http://support.euro.dell.com/suppor...=uk&l=en&s=gen&docid=DSN_336966&isLegacy=true

same step 3 - OR - previous posts re ordering recovery CDs from DELL

BUT what is the CoA label on the PC software XP, Vista
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/howtotell/Hardware.aspx#PCPurchase

5. RedCircleTech

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    why do you want to access control panel ?

7. RedCircleTech

Never mind about that. I just want to install a operating system or how can I find a driver for the operating system or the system image?

8. Rockn

Rockn

PCI.SYS issues are related to a rootkit infection. If it is a newer DELL they usually have a recovery partition. Hit F8 when the computer is booting up and see if there is an option for recovery.

9. RedCircleTech

Yeah I know about that, that failed. It also gave the same error. I just want to know how I can find the system's image or driver for the operating system or use it to recover my computer own finding the system's image?

10. RedCircleTech

Any ideas?

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031240

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice