1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problem with dangerous website popup for master.madway.net/cgi.bin

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by lac, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lac

lac Thread Starter

I run TrendMirco Internet Security 2007. A few days ago, I was doing a Google search and one of the links I hit pulled up got an immediate popup from Trend Micro indicating that I was trying to access a dangerous website. It actually happened twice once for w1.madway.net/cgi.bin and then for master.madway.net/cgi.bin. I immediately closed Internet Explore, but Trend Micro responded that a change had been made to my startup file which I asked it to roll back. Within 15 mintues the dangerous website popups started again. I shutdown, rebooted, and did a scan. TrendMirco found no issues, so I loaded a new signature, and Trend Micro did not find anything again. The popups telling me I was trying to access these two dangerous websites continued, so I blocked access to the sites via TrendMicro and then called them. We tried a few things, and then they asked me to send them a HJT log. I did and they suggested some changes and I made them but the dangerous web site popups continue. Obviously they only happen when I am connected to the Internet. I am continuing to pursue this issue with them, but I have used your forums before and have had excellent response (I am a former CIO, so I don't drop those kinds of comments lightly) so I thought I would submit the problem to you as well.

HJT log is attached.
    Best regards, Lois

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755481

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice