1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problem with GMail

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ROGER7721, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ROGER7721

ROGER7721 Thread Starter

Good day,

I have been having this problem for some time now, and it is getting worse by the day.

When I type a GMail message, or any message (including this site, but not as bad as GMail), the cursor will frequently go to another area in the message. This is very aggravating, causing me to delete, and reytpe. Some times the page would scroll to the bottom of the page (happened twice so far writing this message), also when I try typing a username or password, the cursor will disappear from where I was typing. This is not only a gmail problem, but something else.
    This has been going on for a year, even after 3 window's installations.
    This problem is quite frustrating, and is slowly progressing.

Thankyou fot your help, I hope I explained problem clearly,

Roger

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Are the display and motherboard chipset drivers up-to-date?

Does the problem happen in a "clean boot"? >>

Run msconfig and select the "Services" tab. Check "Hide Microsoft Services" and then disable the rest. Also uncheck "load startup items" on the general page.

Now restart and test the issue at hand

If no problems, run msconfig and recheck half the disabled items on the Services tab. Test again. If the problem recurs, UNcheck half the items you just checked to narrow down the culprit.

If the problem didn't occur, check the other half, so all the Services are enabled -- proceed to do this on the startup tab as well.

Get the idea? You want to isolate the problem to a specific startup if possible.

Note: if you already have items unchecked under msconfig > startups and are in “selective” startup mode – you should note what these are before beginning. They will need to be de-selected again.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

3. antech

antech Banned

In addition to Rollin Rog's post,
    I suggest you to check for malware using SAS and MalwareBytes.
    (Download link in my sign.)

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You've already had this guy post a HijackThis log twice. Asking the same question of the same person for a third time is a tad bit redundant.

5. antech

antech Banned

OK I will NOT REPEAT That.
    As HJT cannot detect out the hidden spyware, it was just a advice from my side to remove any,if present

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You're not certified here to help with spyware removal. Don't ask people to post something you can't interpret and help with.

7. ROGER7721

ROGER7721 Thread Starter

The problem seems to be solved.

In Gmail and other areas, everything seems fine now.
    I performed everything Roll-in Rog (LOL) suggested to the letter and I have had no problems at all.
    Antech suggested I run antimalware programs SAS and Malwarebytes. Coincidentely, i ran a malwarebytes scan before receiving your replies and found nothing. The last time I heard of SAS was when I was in college studying computer science,in 1986 (25 yrs ago) one course in statistics, we used SAS on Sheridan Colleges mainframe. I cant see any relevence using this software for my problem. So as well as running a scan with MalwareBytes, |I ran a scan with A-Squared, and Advanced system optimizer as well as scanning with alvira. Nothing. My laptop is clean. I also used each module of tools in Advanced system optimizer, Glary utilities,ccleaner and Supercleaner. I am not encountering any problems typing this response, so I will consider this thread solved by Antech.

Thankyou everyone for your help again. It's good to know you guys are out there. \\thankyou

8. antech

antech Banned

Can you please explain how the thread has been solved by me?

9. ROGER7721

ROGER7721 Thread Starter

Although i did not get any results from malwarebytes scan, I can only assume the scan did something because the problem was solved after scanning. I ran a scan 2 days ago and got a trojan and a keylogger. I just felt that you solved the problem because there is no problem anymore. Hey Antech,no cap-locks, you helped me from aggravating other people also (lol). Consider it a mystery solve, and I give you credit my friend.
    I wanted to ask you, you recommended SAS scan. Statistical analysis system, why? or is their another program called SAS I haven't heard about. i use to program SAS in college, almost 25 yrs ago.. At that time it was a high level language. On the web, i noticed it is still being used, you brought back memories my friend. I only wish I finished college, then I would not be a forklift driver, but making the big bucks. This was the time of the 386. lol, time flies my friend. How old are you Antech and what do you do for a living, besides all your volunteer work on this site. You have an impressive amount of threads.
    Roger.:rolleyes:

10. antech

antech Banned

SAS- I mean by SAS = Super Anti Spyware.
    Check it out.Its one of the BEST Spyware Scanning Tool available.
    Thanks for the credit ROGER.
    (No caps again)

11. ROGER7721

ROGER7721 Thread Starter

Antech, i noticed the link posted on your page, It looked good, I just downloaded it and running it, 30 million people can't be wrong, thanks for the link. I am running it now. Let us see what it finds that the others didn't. I like A-Squared anti-malware also. It catches what the other scanners i have don't.
    Roger

12. vicks

vicks

Roger,
    If you run CCleaner, please disable the Registry cleanup in it. After you have been here a while, you will notice many (most) of us do NOT recommend the use of a registry cleaner, because it can cause a lot of problems and unstable operation .
    Vicks

13. ROGER7721

ROGER7721 Thread Starter

Thank you for your advise regarding disabling the registry cleaner in ccleaner. I shall do so immediately. I also have a registry cleaner and optimizer in Advanced System Optimizer and Glary Utilities, should I disable those ones too?
    Is there a program you would recommend that cleans and optimizes the registry safely? Thank you for your advise, I never realized that registry cleaners were so dangerous.
    Roger

14. antech

antech Banned

Do NOT disable all of the optimization programs but do not use their Registry Cleaning Modules.
    As of now, there is No Registry Cleaner Available till Date that is Considerd as *SAFE*.

15. ROGER7721

ROGER7721 Thread Starter

Antech,

I will do as you say, but what about the build up of junk registry items, wont my computer get slower and slower?
    Roger

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919133

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice