1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problem with Internet Explorer as well as AOL

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by constant, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. constant

constant Thread Starter

I'm running Windows XP a dell dimension 3000

Now i uninstalled AOL all together, but the problem i'm having is whenever i load up Internet Explorer 7.0 or AOL 9.0, mind me that it will probably happen with other programs too. It just opens up and goes right to the taskbar, and when i cliick it to restore or maximize it will quickly fly off the top right side of the screen like it's opening but i'm not seeing it. I can right click and close it, or use the taskmanager to close it, but I can't see GUI at all. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what they did? It may be a Windows problem, because my Safari and Mozilla browser work fine. I was going to try and reinstall Internet Explorer, and see if that fixes it. I see the uninstall in add/remove programs but i thoguht there was a re-install option somewhere or a fix.

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Right click the taskbar icon and choose Move (if Move is not an option, choose Restore first). Then use the arrow key to move the window back on screen.

If it's going top right, use the left/down arrows. Once it's back on the screen, hit enter to release the window, then you can use the mouse to finish moving/resizing it.

Strange that Maximize doesn't get it on screen, unless you have a secondary display enabled, then it could be maximizing on the 2nd display. Goto Control Panel | Display | Settings and make sure you don't have a 2nd display shown/enabled. Screenshot below shows that tab with a 2nd display enabled. If that's the case, uncheck the Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor box

Jerry

Attached Files:

3. constant

constant Thread Starter

Yeah that was the problem..lol with move i was able to bring it back on screen. Thanks

4. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

You're Welcome!

If your issue has been resolved you (and ONLY you) can use the Thread Tools at the Upper Right (above the first post) to mark this thread Solved.:)
    [​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697476

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice