1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problem with Label Maker

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Peacock, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Peacock

Peacock Thread Starter

Hi, everyone,

I'm running Windows XP on a DELL Optiplex GX620 here at my office. Another user has the same computer and successfully runs a DYMO LabelWriter 400 label maker. Other than a printer, she has no peripherals of note. I have a Canon CanoScan LIDE70 scanner which remains unplugged unless it's actively in use.

Yesterday I received my own label maker and installed the software that comes with it. The label maker shows up in my list of printers and it's receving power. But I can't print to it! I send a label to the printer and get a message in my printer queue that the document failed to print (this happens when I print to it from Word and from the DYMO software).

I tried to print a test label, but the instructions for a test label on the DYMO website just make the label printer spew labels all over my desk. The DYMO site was NOT helpful.

Any thoughts on why this isn't working for me? Do you think the scanner, even though it's unplugged, is causing a conflict?

Thanks,
    Lisa

2. Goldfish92

Goldfish92

Silly question, but are you sending the labels to the DYNAMO by selecting it as the default printer for that job?

3. Peacock

Peacock Thread Starter

Well, it shows up as the default printer when I use the label maker's software, and I manually select it as my printer when I attempt to print from Word. Either way, I still get the error. I'm able to print to my desktop printer just fine.

4. Goldfish92

Goldfish92

You could try uninstalling and re installing the drivers for it to see if that sorts anything out.

5. Peacock

Peacock Thread Starter

I solved the problem by giving the beast to a coworker!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703966

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice