1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problem with Microsoft Word

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sjpritch25, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjpritch25

sjpritch25 Thread Starter

I use Office 2000. I think the latest big patch windows sent out. This was the one dealing with the Metafile Vulnerablity. Whenever, i click on a microsoft word document I get Windows Fax and Image viewer. The only way i can get it to open in word is to use this route. Right click the file>click on open with<choose Microsoft Word. This is just really annoying and i believe its related to the patch. Thanks in advance

2. Lance1

Lance1

Choose open with \ choose a program, select word and check the box to always use this program. See attachment.

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      47.1 KB
      Views:
  3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

If you right click on a .doc file and select Properties > Change (application to open with) is Microsoft Word in the list? If it is, select that and check "always use".

If you need to browse to it, look for winword.exe in the Program Files\Microsoft Office folder or subfolder.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!