1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: problem with monitor display

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by blitzkreig, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blitzkreig

blitzkreig Thread Starter

ok so here goes
    i have a pc at home running windows 7...the problem is when the pc is booted things show up on monitor for a few seconds and in a flash everything goes blank..cpu is running and even the monitor is, because i think its getting a signal but nothing is showing up on screen. i've tried everything to sort this out and nothing worked out. so i have the need of your help to solve this.
    thanks

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    It would help if you actually told us what you have tried. One person's "everything" may not be another person's "everything" and most of us here do not have psychic powers.

Have you tried running Windows in safe mode to see if you get a stable display?

3. EuropeanBadger

EuropeanBadger

You might want to check the resolution. If the monitor stops displaying as soon as the boot is done and the regular GUI start and the screen goes black it might just be that the resolution is set to high and the monitor can't display. If you can boot into safe mode and the screen never stops working then set the resolution to a lower quality and see if that fixes it.

4. blitzkreig

the display blanks out by the time i choose the option to boot in safe mode
    i have changed the power supply, hard disk and even changed the OS used xp had the problem, installed windows 7 i have the same problem...could it possibly be an issue with the graphic card.? i use an nvidia geforce 8400 GS 512mb ddr2

5. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    What kind of things show up on the monitor when you first power up? Are they just the monitor's built-in status messages or do you see at least some of the computer's BIOS boot messages?

6. wilson44512

wilson44512

Have you tried a different monitor?

7. blitzkreig

okay i have managed to solve the issue, a few cables connecting the video card to the monitor were loose..
    thanks for the prompt replies from all of you. :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030125

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice