Solved: Problem with Netgear Wireless Network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TaTu

How do i get rid of all these ghost wireless connections all of them are my wireless connections but the name of my wireless is say wireless home and there is loads of the same name but like this wireless home 1.........wireless home 1 2........wireless home 1 2 3.......wireless home 1 2 3 4 copies of my wireless network like in the picture how do i get ride of them?

Attachments

Hi,

right click on the network icon in the task bar (bottom right) & open network connections.

Here delete any wireless connections you are not using.

Close the window

Now right click the icon again & view available network connections

Select change the order of preferred networks (right of window)

One by one Hi-light any wireless networks you are not using & click remove

Click ok

This should solve your prob.

Rob

I also have a problem with my Netgear wireless router. I recently bought one and everything was working fine, then it just stopped. I have a computer that was originally connected to my modem. Then, since I bought the router, I connected my computer through the router instead of the modem because the router was plugged into the modem. I now had a wired and wireless connection set up. Everything worked but then one day it just stopped. My computer with the wired connection wouldn't work until i plugged the router out and connected the computer back to the modem. My wireless laptop also couldn't access the internet even though it said that I had a connection with 5 bars to it. What could be the problem? Thanks to all who may be able to help.

Dbrody1
you should really start your own thread, but ....

Connect the pc to the phone line or cable connection in this order: pc ... Router ... Modem ... internet connection

From the wired comp open IE type in the address http://192.168.1.1

Run the setup wizard top left of screen. (this is the easiest way)

Laptop: Right click the wireless icon (bottom right of screen) & view available network connections

Select change the order of preferred networks (right of window)

One by one Hi-light any wireless networks & click remove

Click ok

now try to connect again.

Rob

TaTu

Thanks it's gotten ride of the extra wireless connections that i didnt need

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online