1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problem with Quad Core

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Aussie_matu, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Aussie_matu

Aussie_matu Thread Starter

G'day all

I've come across a weird problem with my quad core, the problem is whenever I turn the computer on it will either boot up for a while and shut down and reboot (doing this many times until it decides to work). I've already done a repair install with no avail at all.

I've had this computer for about two months and I've got no other problems with it at all, is there anything I can do, greatly appreciated :D

(My Specs are: Windows Vista Ultimate [64x], Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, 4094MB RAM, GeForce 9500 GT 2287 MB)

2. Groparul

Groparul

you could try to boot it in safe mode, i guess. if it boots then, you might find out what is the problem. i thought the problem is with your cpu when i saw the thread :)

3. Aussie_matu

I'm going to go into my case and swap my new fan with my old fan to see if that makes the difference at all. Thanks :)

4. Groparul

Groparul

oh right:)) that's also an option. when it overheats, it does that. It happens to me on a regular basis once every year and a half or so. Then i know it's the time to clean the fan and the chip, then replace the sillicone paste. Install SpeedFan to monitor your temperatures, it's useful. Also, stripping the cover of the case sheds some 4-5 degrees Celsius off the cpu.

5. Aussie_matu

Seeing this is a brand new PC if it is getting hot I'm just going to go and take it back and get a new one. Thanks for your help consider it solved! hehe thanks a load! :D

6. Groparul

Groparul

and take care, the old fan might be too weak. you said your computer is fairly recent. so i doubt it would do the job better than the one you have now.

7. IMiteBable2help

IMiteBable2help

You might want to stop Windows from automatically restarting when it encounters a problem. Anyone familiar with how to do this with Vista?

8. Aussie_matu

The fan I'm putting in came out of the PC that's at fault, I think that for some reason the new "better "one is not working from time to time causing it to freeze up every now and then. If I put the old one that came standard in and it still doesn't work then I'm going to take it back to the shops. Thanks :D

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/806529

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice