Solved: Problem with signing in and out of XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rayray092684

I upgraded to XP and I'm much happier
but I'm having a few problems.
If I log out of a screen name it won't let me log back in to any of them. I end up having to restart. I had to delete the other two SN and change the setting so windows logs into the primary screen name when it starts up. Is there something wrong?

Ray

rayray092684

it says:

The system could not log you on. The server authenticating you reported an error (0x00000BB). You can find further details in the event log. Please report this error to the system administrator

I tried to find the event log but I don't know where it is

The Event Viewer is in Control Panel > Admin Tools. There may be a lot of entries. You can clear those entries and then reproduce the error to make it easier to find if you want.

Right-click each, Properties. Click the Filter tab at top. Uncheck all except the Warnings and Errors boxes and Apply. That should remove all the extraneous messages and give you just the important error information.

Start clicking on each until you see something that relates to your attempt to log on. The events are timed, so you could try to log on and then look for errors that occurred at around that time. Check the Applications and the System sections.

Hope that was clear.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online