Solved: problem with windows default boot option

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

leroyas

I tryed to install windows xp proffesional and then changed my mind when it said there is some problem...I have xp home edition..
After that I got two options to chose at the reboot..xp professional setup or xp home..I then deleted the last line at the startup boot options in boot editor - this line was for the xp proffesional setup...

But now the problem is that I still have two options
first is xp home edition and the second is windows default, so I still have the same problem.,
I must choose at every startup xp home manualy, because windows default is not ok..
What can I do so xp home will start normaly like before?
Thank you for your time and help.

[Boot Loader]
Timeout=5
Default=C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT\BOOTSECT.DAT
[Operating Systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

[Boot Loader]
Timeout=5
Default=C:\Windows
[Operating Systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

leroyas

From my point of view... :) when someone is genius, he simply is a genious.
Thank you for your help...you saved my life, the laptop is from my cousin and I wished to surprise him with new windows, bad luck...thank you!

No problem. Thanks for following up. It helps when the post is clear and complete like yours was. :D

I just love the ones that go, "Help! My computer doesn't work. Can you tell me what's wrong?"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online