1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problem with WinXP system?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Akarui, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Akarui

Akarui Thread Starter

OK I don't know where to start...

When my system is rebooted I get a BSOD it goes through BIOS nothing is detected and it BSOD's
    Now here is the strange part if I unplug it from power and try to boot again it comes up fine but if I try to shut it down BSOD.... WTF I have tried everything. BIOS has been re-flashed to latest version for my GA-7VAX MOBO and I have reloaded winXP.. I am at a complete loss as to why this is happening. Could it be my MOBO is going bad? I am at an impasse please help... :(

I have also changed the CMOS battery.

2. Paladin-X

Paladin-X

Do you have a sata drive? Is the stop error you're receiving a stop 0x0000007b?

3. Akarui

Akarui Thread Starter

unfortunately I am not even recieveing a stop error...

4. Akarui

Akarui Thread Starter

bump please anyone have any ideas?

5. Old Rich

Old Rich

Sounds like a failing Powersupply . . the second attempt is sucessfull because the capacitors are already charged up.

wrs

6. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

Just wondering about the wiring in the plug itself. Any shorting in there?

That is quite some mainboard.

Memory
    3 DIMMs of 184-Pin DDR sockets.
    3GB max capacity.
    Supports either DDR400 (PC3200) / DDR333 (PC2700) / DDR266 (PC2100) / DDR200 (PC1600) RAM.

Have you re-seated cards, and RAM modules, just in case?

7. Akarui

Akarui Thread Starter

no I am going to try a reseat tomorrow when I have some time. I will tell you all how it goes I hope its not my Pwr supply its the second one in this PC...

8. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

Make sure the power supply is big enough if you've been adding burners, drives, or RAM, since you bought the computer.

Power Supply Calculator

9. Akarui

Akarui Thread Starter

I have a thrermaltake 410w PSU. I used the calculator suppied (thanks by the way) and my setup should only need 240w of power... now.. I think its safe to say I should have plenty of power...

If this was the case would I even get the BIOS screen when it was rebooted? I didn't think I would?

10. Akarui

Akarui Thread Starter

Ok well here's what has happened. I got me a can of Air Duster and cleanded every fan and then went and reseated my memory cause a lot of dust had collected on it. Works just fine now dont know why but it is fine now reboots perfectly and is working like a champ... go figure...

11. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

Dust and humidity can wreak havoc with electrostatic tracking across electronic components. So the clean up and re-seating worked out as it should do.

Nice one! Very pleased to hear that it is working as it should, and thanks for letting us know.

You can mark the thread Solved with the Thread tools, if you are happy with everything.

12. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Akarui,

It's amazing how much dust can collect in the fins on the processors heat sink. This can almost stop the air from the fan helping to cool it.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!