Solved: Problems burning with Nero

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Thesedays84

I have Nero 6 on my computer and it's been giving me a bit of a hassle. I've tried burning cds and Nero will stall around 2% of the burning process. So, I cancel the burn and then have problems closing Nero, which usually results in me restarting the computer.

Tonight, after attempting to burn a project in Nero, I tried the burning program in Windows Media Player and was successful. This leads me to believe the problem is with Nero and not my burner.

Now, I'm wondering if there is any way to "fix" Nero? Do I have to uninstall it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated :eek:

Thesedays84

It appears that I spoke too soon. I tried burning a disc tonight and the same old problems occurred. This is really starting to frustrate me. I'm going through discs like there's no tomorrow. It's as though the entire program is freezing the computer. I can't even get Ctrl+Alt+Del to work in order to close Nero. Could a virus or spyware be responsible? If it helps, my OS is Windows NT.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
It's possible that there's a compatibility issue with Windows NT, does Nero claim to support NT?

Thesedays84

The general system requirements for Nero 6 includes Windows NT4 (Service Pack 6 or later) and Windows 2000 Service pack 4 or later.

Just realized that I'm not running NT, but Windows 2000 Professional.

mtzlplex

Account Closed
It appears that I spoke too soon. I tried burning a disc tonight and the same old problems occurred. This is really starting to frustrate me. I'm going through discs like there's no tomorrow. It's as though the entire program is freezing the computer. I can't even get Ctrl+Alt+Del to work in order to close Nero. Could a virus or spyware be responsible? If it helps, my OS is Windows NT.

This is a prime example why I keep an old CD-RW laying around, just for those times when you are having problems burning and to troubleshoot, without wasting CD-Rs.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Have you looked for any updates for Nero? Have you tried one of the free CD burning applications to see if it's specific to Nero? Have you tried uninstalling Nero and installing it again?

DeepBurner

CDburnerXP

Thesedays84

I found an update for Nero and downloaded it with no luck. Uninstalled and reinstalled Nero and same old situation. It appears as though DeepBurner is working, so many thanks JohnWill for suggesting it.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
It's really odd that Nero doesn't work, but I'm glad you found something that gets the job done. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online