1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Please help!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by elvla2, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. elvla2

elvla2 Thread Starter

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00GHZ
    MSI P7N SLI Platinum
    2 XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI
    Kingstn DDR2 800 3GB
    2 Seagate 250GB HDD

I installed Windows everything was good, I installed the graphic card drivers everything good, but when I installed the motheboard drivers and restarted the machine it automatically told that it needed to check for consistancy and it gave a lot of errors and then after it started giving a blue screen and then restarted. and everytime the error comes up and the computer restart it then checks for consistancy once again.

Please help what do you think it is?

Thank for all your help

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What version of Windows did you install? Windows XP or Vista?

The correct and best order to setup a new system is to install any and all Service Packs after the initial install of Windows. That means Service Pack 3 for Windows XP or Service Pack 1 for Vista. Then install the chipset drivers, and then do the rest of the drivers such as video, sound and network. The chipset drivers should be installed before any other drivers as everything else relies on them for proper functionality. You can download the Service Packs and drivers to a CD\DVD or USB drive to transfer to the computer.

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Also make sure you are running at least BIOS version 1.1 for proper support of the E8400 CPU, 1.2 is the latest. http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=bios&maincat_no=1&prod_no=1373 You can update via floppy/CD/USB key or in Windows using the MSI LiveUpdate feature at that page.

You may also want to use the latest drivers from www.nvidia.com rather then from the CD for both the NForce 750i SLI chipset and the Geforce 8800GT's: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

4. elvla2

elvla2 Thread Starter

I am running Windows XP Service Pack 2

Now I am getting errors such "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered....."

"Spooler SubSystem has encountered an error....."

What do you think about this???

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Ok, since this is a new build you may want to test the RAM: http://www.memtest.org/
    Also find out exactly what RAM you have. A lot of the higher end DDR2 RAM requires the user to manually increase the RAM Voltage to the BIOS to what is called for by the RAM.

What BIOS version is on the board?

6. elvla2

elvla2 Thread Starter

I just ran Memtest and it came out perfect no erros. Right now I only have 2gb runnin, I am using Kingston KVR800D2N5K2/2G

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I would do a reload and do the Service Packs and drivers in the order I mentioned above. Update the BIOS too.

8. elvla2

elvla2 Thread Starter

Hey problem solved I believe it was the hard drive, as soon as I removed that hard drive and install another one it stopped giving me problems now is working fine, as a matter of fact I am playing Devil May Cry 4 and it looks awesome.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752026

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice