[SOLVED] Problems removing Acer Travelmate 512dx CD drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

marbled

Can anyone tell me how to do this? I have unscrewed every screw and the sucker STILL won't come out!

marbled

I downloaded it but it says nothing about reinstalling the cd drive. I am looking at your link now, but not seeing anything about removing/installing a CD drive... Thanks for your help!

marbled

Apparently Acer laptop drives aren't modular (nice, huh?) They are built onto the board and cannot be removed without taking the whole thing apart. (GRRRR)
Anyway, just lettin' y'all know for the record. Thanks again!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online